Tuesday, March 30, 2010

HERE I AM, IN ALL CAPS

Things I love, typographically shouted:
(as suggested by Brooketh, in her own cap'd list)


1. HARMONICA. Love learning to play it, love listening to it. Love its portability and versatility. Love how cool and jazzy it is.

2. LIBRIVOX. Last weekend's best discovery. All books that are part of the public domain are available for download in audio format, completely free. And it's not stealing--really!--it's just free. Awesome. Trust me, janitoring while listening to Walden and Emma is way cooler than regular janitoring.

3&4. FREE THINGS. As in, a free JOSH RITTER concert on April 17th at the record exchange. Kind of folky, totally original, Josh Ritter is a cinnamon swirl rain shower for ears. And I love him. Check him out.

5. ROMANS 8: 35-39.

6. BANANAS AND PEANUT BUTTER. I think I've eaten it at least every other day for the past two months. Can't stop.

7. RUNNING. I love escaping the world and pushing myself. I love when I've run enough that it suddenly is easier than I remember it being. I love that slightly bigger feeling in my chest afterward, as though my heart has been pumping iron. All the better to love you with.

8&9. THE TEMPLE. And MISSIONARY WORK.

10. WEARING TIES. But not Avril Lavigne sort of tie-wearing. Today I am basically dressed like a boy. A fancy, churchy boy.

11. STUDYING. Really searching a thing out, gathering pieces of it up in my thoughts and realizing that this is like this, which is tied to that, which relates to all he said before, which is beautiful. The more I study, the more connected I feel to the world around me.

12. ROAD TRIPS. Provo, I'm coming. Brick house, I'm coming. Romania girls, Molls, Beks, Easter, Conference, Dean family gargantuan dinner, Eagle kids, college life, writing center--don't worry, I'm coming. Wed-Sun. Let the wild rhompus begin!




And this is where I pass the invitation on.
THE THINGS YOU LOVE IN ALL CAPS. KAZAAM. GO.

1 comment:

background