Thursday, March 18, 2010

Family. Fort. Food. Fawesome.

The other day I had this idea.

And so...


we made calzones:


and ate them in this:

why didn't I take advantage of my dad's engineering experience back when I did this on a regular basis?




the best part-- Danielle (too cool, too teenaged, way too in to her cell phone) got a call from one of her too cool friends:
Uhh, yeah I'm eating dinner with my family right now...in...a fort.
(Beat) Yeah, my family's weird.


Someday, I will be one of those parents that makes a point of doing dorky things to embarrass her kids. every. single. day.


And someday they'll thank me.

2 comments:

  1. Your family is amazing...I can only hope I would do the same someday

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha that looks wonderful! What a grand time you all had. I love making forts. It makes me feel so young.

    p.s. don't forget to enter my Peruvian Feather Earring GIVEAWAY at itssimepllove.blogspot.com

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete

background