Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day.

Yesterday my dad could not get away from work.  Thus, I was charged with the task of picking up flowers and a card for him to give Maa for Valentine's day. 


I realized there, in an overwhelming Albertson's isle that boasted an inordinate amount of hokey ways to say the same generic thing, that greeting cards do not equal romance.  I have never been one to despise Valentine's day.  In fact, I am all for celebrating love.  

However.

Give me a piece of loose leaf torn from a free notebook with a person's real thoughts scribbled on it.  
Give me a single flower hand-picked from the neighbor's garden. 



Perhaps if I were in love with Mr. Hallmark, such cards might mean something to me.  Yet, all it seems to really say is, I haven't thought enough about you to have much of anything to say on the subject.

...





Except this card:


This card really speaks to me.








In spite of the man, I hope you allow yourselves to enjoy a day just for love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

background